Storify about Gender and Health Systems Financing webinar on July 1 2015
RinGs hosted a webinar on Gender and Health Systems Financing on July 1 2015, which brought together an exciting line-up of speakers:
- Rob Yates is a Senior Fellow at Chatham House.
- Sophie Witter is a Professor of International Health Financing and Health Systems at the Institute for International Health and Development, Queen Margaret University.
- Veloshnee Govender is a researcher/lecturer at the Health Economics Unit at the University of Cape Town.
- TK Sundari Ravindran is a Professor at the Achutha Menon Centre for Health Science Studies, Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology.
- Sarah Ssali is a Senior Lecturer at the School of Women and Gender Studies, Makerere University.
The presentations explored health financing and universal health coverage and the gender implications of different health financing mechanisms, including a case study from India. During the webinar participants were encouraged to tweet – of which many of them did so! With over 60 people attending the webinar we had a number of very informative and interesting tweets. This Storify brings together a collection of these tweets, presented in chronological order.